Monday, July 30, 2007

Neatness overload

As a bibliophile (I like books), audiophile (I like sound), and bird-lover (that's pretty self-explanatory) this is the most exciting book EVER! I got a little too excited when I found this at Barnes & Noble the other day. My boyfriend offered to buy it for me because I think he just wanted to get me out of there before I embarrassed him further... I was practically jumping up and down with excitement. It has pictures and descriptions of different American birds and a number corresponding to each. You put the number in the contraption on the right side and it plays one of the songs the birds sings (like realistic, recorded song [not creepy MIDI or anything]).

Of course, I didn't let my boyfriend buy it for me (it's quite expensive in brick and mortar stores). Instead, I quietly put it back on the shelf and walked away with a new birthday gift idea :-)

1 comment:

Marissa Buschow said...

I got this as a christmas present! definitely very cool.